Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting to know our Vet!

Last Sunday, Lola ran up and jump up on me, not surprising huh? and I noticed that what we thought was just a red spot, had now grown to about the size of a nickle and was semi hard... So Monday morning, I set off to pay a visit to the vet... I didn't know that I would have to make a tough decision on my own with out my other half!

The vet said that our little baby had a Tumor! A TUMOR! She's 7 months old! He's pretty sure it's benign but we're still waiting for the lab results to come back. He said we needed to remove it immediately... here's the tough part, she also needed to be fixed and have her genetic hernia fixed as well... So do I go ahead and let him cut up my baby that much in one day, or just get the tumor removed? So I thought of what Erik would want, and 5 hours later we picked up our little baby!


This Picture is not for the weak stomach people!



After her surgery with her battle wounds... Three incision!



She has to wear the cone of shame until Thursday when I can get her back in for the stitches to come out.

We're so grateful for our family that has put up with us and our crazy obsession with our puppy! Also a shout out to Scott for looking after her when Erik and I were at work!

Hopefully I'll have good news to report later in the week! :)

1 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

Aren't vet issues the best? Yeah, right. Sorry about the puppies tumor. At least you caught it early. I love Lola! She's a cutie!