Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane!

I had the opportunity last weekend to jump on an airplane and jet to Vegas. It was Erik's Great Grandmothers funeral. She was 95 and was an amazing woman. She was always so sweet to me and so excited to know I was in town. So I arrived in Vegas late Friday night, got up early Saturday and headed to the church to get it all set up and ready. The funeral was shortly after that. It was an amazing service and was well attended. A lot of family was there from across the country to support and uplift. I met a lot of family I hadn't yet been introduced to. It truly was an amazing service.

After the funeral was cleaned up, Erik and I had some time to just be us. We took that time and when bowling, something we haven't done since our first week of dating. So I had to snap a picture to let everyone know that I WON!!!


OK, so really he was just playing around, trying to do tricks, where as I was actually playing. but still, I won! :)

Then later that night we went to dinner with Erik's brother who is just older than him. Scott. Scott is the one we're moving in to his house for a little while until we get settled into married life. Dinner was really nice, and fun, we laughed a lot. It was great getting to know Scott better. He is an amazing man.

Then Sunday Erik and I tried to sleep in, it didn't work too well. So we got up and took the Puppy for a walk. We ended up at his Grandma's House, who we talked to for a few hours, she is a hero of mine. I love Grandma Pink (she used to die her hair red, then it'd fade to pink, hence the name.) We headed back home and watched conference and made food. Lounged around and ate food. Then I had to get all packed and ready to go. :( It was a fun full weekend and I came home exhausted but it was still really nice to see Erik and spend time with him!

I can't wait to marry my best friend in 81 days! Time is flying by and I'm just plugging along getting everything ready. I'm glad we waited the 6 months from when we got engaged. I would be stressing out so much right now, but I'm calm, everything is fine, and slowly but surely we will have an amazing wedding in 81 days!

Thanks to all! I love ya!

0 comments: